Here at Absolute Training we give each and every candidate our Absolute Attention, if you want to succeed, call Absolute Training.
Controller of Site Safety (COSS) - Initial
Controller of Site Safety (COSS) Course Overview
The Controller of Site Safety initial course is designed with the focus upon the role of the delegate within the scope of implementing safe systems of work, whilst attaining and understanding of how to utilise the available resources required "whilst on or near the line".
This course is essential for personnel who are to control a group of people "whilst on or near the line".
Candidate Requirements Controller of Site Safety (COSS) Course
- That the candidate currently holds a valid Sentinel Safety Card.
- That the candidate's suitability has been verified by their line manager.
- It is the responsibility of delegates' Local Manager to decide upon their suitability to attend this course, in accordance with the current issue of NR/L2/CTM/021 – Competence and Training in Track Safety.
- That the candidate is in possession of a current Personal Track Safety Logbook.
Maximum Candidates Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
The course is designed to cater for a maximum of EIGHT candidates only.
Controller of Site Safety (COSS) Competence
The training will be followed by theory and practical assessments.
Successful delegates will be recommended for assessment of competence under Employer's Competence Management System.
Controller of Site Safety (COSS) Course Aims and Objectives
- To understand the role of the Individual working alone, Controller of Site Safety and, if applicable the Protection Controller.
- Be able to interpret reference documentation.
- Understand the importance of briefings and communications protocols.
- How to conduct emergency protection of a railway line.
- Identify and understand the role of the Rail Incident Officer (RIO).
- To be issued with a Overhead Line Permit (OLP) and understand its condition of issue.
- To be issued with a Conductor Rail Permit (CRP) and understand its condition of issue.
Controller of Site Safety (COSS) Certification
Upon successful completion of the course and any additional modules the National Competency Control Agency (NCCA) will be informed of a decision of competence and the candidate will be issued with a new Sentinel card.
For further information please contact us
Please see below for further information about the Accredited Rail Safety Courses we offer:
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- Track Induction (TIC)
- Lookout/Site Warden (LKT)
- Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
- Controller of Site Safety Recertification (COSSR)
- Hand Trolley Controller
- Protection Controller (PC)
- Engineering Supervisor (ES)
Please see below for further information about the Auxillary Operating Duties Courses we offer: