Here at Absolute Training we give each and every candidate our Absolute Attention, if you want to succeed, call Absolute Training.
HABC Level 3 Certificate in Close Protection (QCF)
Under the Private Security Industry Authority Act 2001, all individuals wishing to work in the private security industry must undertake a recognised qualification before applying for a licence.
The HABC Level 3 Certificate in Close Protection has been developed to meet the requirements of the Security Industry Authority (SIA). It is based on the relevant SIA 'Specifications for Learning and Qualifications for Close Protection Operatives' and provides the necessary skills and knowledge for those who wish to apply for an SIA licence and work as a Close Protection Operative.
The qualification comprises 1 mandatory unit: Working as a Close Protection Operative.
This qualification can enable the learner to progress onto a range of qualifications such as the Foundation Degree in Protective Security Management from Bucks New Uni. Learners successfully completing the licence to practice qualification in Close Protection can be awarded 16 credits towards this Foundation Degree. Also the Foundation Degree in Crowd and Safety Management and the Certificate in Terrorism Studies.
Unit - Working as a Close Protection Operative
- 60-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 42 out of 60
- Examination duration - 2 hours
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 140 hours and the contact time is 139.5 hours.
- Internally marked portfolio of evidence
Please see below for further information about each of the HABC accredited SIA courses we offer:
- CCTV Operation Level 2
- Door Supervision Level 2
- Security Guarding Level 2
- Standalone Security Units Level 2
- Principles of Providing Security Services Level 2
- Providing Security Services Level 2
- Close Protection Level 3