Here at Absolute Training we give each and every candidate our Absolute Attention, if you want to succeed, call Absolute Training.
HABC Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (QCF)
The HABC Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) is ideal for new entrants into the teaching industry. It is also ideal for anyone currently teaching or who wishes to teach their subject specialism to others.
If you are a trainer involved in providing funded Work Based Learning (WBL), you may also be required to obtain PTLLS in order to satisfy funding requirements.
The PTLLS Award consists of five sections:
- Understand your own role and responsibilities and the boundaries of your role in relation to teaching.
- Understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches in the specialist area.
- Demonstrate session planning skills.
- Understand how to deliver inclusive sessions which motivate learners.
- Understand the use of different assessment methods and the need for record keeping.
The qualification is registered on the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF), and has a credit value of 6. Future qualifications may include progression onto the Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (CTLLS) or the Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS).
Programme entry requirements
There are no entry requirements for the PTLLS award. However, learners should be qualified and/or experienced in the subject that they wish to teach.
How is it achieved?
During the qualification learners will produce a portfolio of evidence that will meet the learning outcomes from the five sections listed above. This will consist of 5 theory assessments and 1 practical assessment. The practical assessment consists of one 30 minute micro-teach session delivered as part of the programme, where both tutor and peer feedback will be given.
Please see below for further information about each of the HABC accredited Teacher Training courses we offer:
- PTLLS Level 3
- PTLLS Level 4
- ADT Level 3
- HABC Level 3 International Award in Delivering Training (ADT)
- Deliverery of Conflict Management Training Level 3
- Delivery of Physical Intervention Training in the Private Security Industry Level 3